The U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau is pleased to announce the 2015 edition of the “My American Dream” travel contest. This year’s contest theme is “The Great American Food Trip,” in which participants can win a dream vacation to experience a uniquely American cuisine or dish. This is the third time the U.S. Consulate General has organized the contest; last year, we received over 100 entries, and our winners and runners up will visit such destinations as New York, Washington D.C., Arizona, and Guam this spring.
- Participation is open to HK SAR, Macau SAR and BNO passport holders ages 18 & over.
- Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2015 to be eligible.
- Content: Send us a short video, essay, blog entry, or a photo slide show with captions explaining your dream itinerary for The Great American Food Trip, including what American cuisine or dishes you would like to taste, and why. Your proposal must include a specific destination in the United States (i.e. a region, state, city or town), and has to be realizable within one week. If you’re sending a video, upload it to YouTube and send us the link. If you’re sending a photo slideshow, upload it to Flickr and send us the link. Please include your full name, date of birth, valid email address, mailing address, and phone number in your entry.
- Six winners will be announced at an Awards Ceremony at the end of May, including:
- 2 Grand Prize Winners win 2 roundtrip tickets to their AMERICAN DREAM location in the United States and a 5 night hotel stay;
- 3 Runners-Up win a 5-night hotel stay in the United States.
Entries will be judged on creativity & originality, as well as the ability of the participant to fulfill and record the DREAM. Finalists will be interviewed in person or by phone.
Winners will be chosen by a panel from the Visit USA Committee. For full contest rules and details, please visit us on Facebook or website.
Sponsored by (in alphabetical order): Brand USA Hong Kong, Delta Air Lines, Hilton Worldwide, Marriott International, Uber, and United Airlines.
Partner: Hard Rock Café