Officials from 24 economic development organizations and their partners representing 12 U.S. states and the District of Columbia will promote investment opportunities and projects to Chinese businesses and investors during the SelectUSA Greater China Roadshow, May 18-29. This year’s roadshow, which kicks off in Hong Kong, features visits to Shenzhen, Dongguan, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Hangzhou, Dalian, and Shenyang.
The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Assistant Secretary for Trade Promotion and Director General of the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service Arun Kumar will deliver remarks at the May 22 event in Guangzhou. At each stop, American state and local officials will promote investment opportunities in their local areas in key industry sectors like aerospace, ICT, healthcare, construction, and travel and tourism.
“It’s exciting to bring so many economic development officials from communities and states across our nation to present their investment projects to leading Chinese investors searching for opportunities in the United States,” Kumar said. “This year’s event builds on the tremendously successful roadshow that highlighted opportunities within the Pearl River Delta region in 2014. This roadshow will enable hundreds of private-sector investors to meet face-to-face with U.S. state and local officials to learn how they can begin operating in the United States, conveniently and cost-effectively — right in their hometown.”
The United States is home to more direct investment than any other country in the world, with a total stock of $2.8 trillion, and has been ranked No. 1 in the A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index for a third straight year in 2015. The United States maintains an official Open Investment Policy, which is a commitment to treating all investors in a fair and equitable manner under the law.
China is among the fastest-growing sources of investment in the United States, a compound annual growth rate (2009-2013) exceeding 41.5 percent. China also brought the largest international delegation to the 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit in March.
The following Economic Development Organizations are participating in the roadshow:
- Brooks City Base — San Antonio, Texas
- California-China Office of Trade and Investment — San Francisco, Calif.
- City of Canton — Canton, Ohio
- Columbus 2020 — Columbus, Ohio
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Center for Direct Investment — Harrisburg, Penn.
- District of Columbia Center China — Washington, D.C.
- Empire State Development Corporation — Buffalo, N.Y.
- Enterprise Florida — Tallahassee, Fla.
- Great Lakes Regional Center, LLC — Chicago, Ill.
- Greater Washington China Investment Center — Washington, D.C.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity — Chicago, Ill.
- Ironwood Global Advisors — Columbia, S.C.
- Jobs Ohio — Columbus, Ohio
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation — Los Angeles, Calif.
- Mayor’s Association of Portage, Stark, and Summit Counties — Akron, Ohio
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation — Lansing, Mich.
- Missouri Department of Economic Development — Jefferson City, Mo.
- Morton Economic Development Council — Morton, Ill.
- Team Northeast Ohio — Cleveland, Ohio
- South Carolina Department of Commerce — Columbia, S.C.
- Texas International Business Accelerator — San Antonio, Texas
- Union Station Technology Center — South Bend, Ind.
- Village of Reminderville — Reminderville, Ohio
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership — Richmond, Va.
About SelectUSA: Housed within the U.S. Department of Commerce, SelectUSA promotes and facilitates business investment in the United States by coordinating related federal government agencies to serve as a single point of contact for investors. SelectUSA helps investors find the information they need to make decisions; connect to the right people at the local level; navigate the federal regulatory system; and find solutions to issues related to the federal government. For more information, visit SelectUSA.
For media information, please contact Scott Robinson, U.S. Consulate General Assistant Public Affairs Officer, at email@example.com.