Location: Hong Kong and Macau
Event: Local authorities forecast Super Typhoon Mangkhut will impact Hong Kong and Macau beginning on Sunday, September 16. Weather conditions are expected to deteriorate rapidly and may include strong winds, heavy rains, and flooding in low-lying areas.
Please be advised that if a Black Rainstorm Warning or Typhoon Signal 8 or above is announced by the Hong Kong Observatory, we will be closed. Please see Consular Services during the Rainy and Typhoon Season for more information.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Monitor the Hong Kong Observatory’s website or App, and the Macau Government’s website.
- More Typhoon Tips are available on the U.S. Consulate’s website.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter