According to media reports, there may be demonstrations in Hong Kong on Wednesday, June 12. Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following areas in Hong Kong:
- Central Government Complex of Hong Kong SAR
- Tamar Park
Demonstrations may take place on June 12 beginning in the morning hours. The groups intend to protest the proposed changes to the Fugitive Offenders Ordinance. Protests on June 9 were overwhelmingly peaceful, but isolated clashes between a small minority of the protesters and the police took place in the early hours of the following morning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter