- Wan Chai
- Golden Bauhinia Square
- Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Central Government Complex of Hong Kong SAR
- Tamar Park
- Causeway Bay
- Victoria Park
Media report a large turnout is expected for the pro-democracy march on the afternoon of Monday, July 1, from Victoria Park in Causeway Bay to Hong Kong government facilities in Admiralty. Additionally, the Hong Kong government has closed the roads around the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and media report police have prohibited access to Golden Bauhinia Square.
Over the past several weeks, protests against the proposed changes to the Fugitive Offenders Ordinance around the Central Government Complex of Hong Kong SAR intermittently turned confrontational.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter