- Causeway Bay
- Victoria Park
- Wan Chai
- Central Government Complex of Hong Kong SAR
- Tamar Park
- Court of Final Appeal
Media report large turnouts are expected for protests on Hong Kong Island on Saturday, July 20 and Sunday, July 21. Over the past month, protests surrounding proposed changes to the Fugitive Offenders Ordinance and the government’s response have intermittently turned confrontational.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter