- Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong International Airport states all flights have been cancelled and advises all passengers to leave the terminal buildings as soon as possible. Affected passengers should contact their respective airlines for flight arrangements.
Over the past two months, protests surrounding proposed changes to the Fugitive Offenders Ordinance and the government’s handling of the ensuing protests have increasingly turned confrontational. The events and confrontations have spilled over into other neighborhoods. There may also be other large gatherings at various locations throughout Hong Kong, including the locations above.
Actions to Take:.
- Monitor local media and the Hong Kong International Airport website for updates.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter