Location: Hong Kong and Macau
Event: Status of Overseas Passport Operations
Effective June 3, 2020, the Department of State resumed the processing and shipping overseas of passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBAs). As a result, the U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau has resumed routine passport and citizenship services, subject to local public health conditions. Processing times may be delayed as we move toward full operations. Please contact us at ACSHK@state.gov to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document.
U.S. citizens with urgent travel needs may still apply for a limited validity emergency passport. For emergency passport services, please contact us at ACSHK@state.gov.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates in Hong Kong and Macau, and to visit our website for the latest news on American Citizen Services operations in Hong Kong and Macau.
Please note that the validity of your U.S. passport does not affect your eligibility for U.S. citizen emergency services.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our consulate website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
26 Garden Road, Hong Kong
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter