Event: The Macau government announced that it will end a special ferry service between the Taipa Ferry Terminal and Hong Kong International Airport on July 16. If you wish to return to the United States, you should make arrangements now.
Please confirm with ferry operators and airlines to ensure that you qualify for this service. If your outbound flight is canceled for any reason, you may be subject to quarantine requirements in Macau. For more information, please see the Macau government’s press release.
Transportation options from Macau to the United States may be unavailable after July 16. If you choose to stay overseas, you should be prepared to remain where you are for the foreseeable future.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Consulate website on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter