Resumption of Notarial Services at U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
We are pleased to announce the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau will resume offering routine notarial services effective October 27, 2020. Please note that the resumption of notarial services is dependent upon local public health conditions and may be scaled back at any time based on local conditions.
- To schedule a notarial appointment, please visit our website.
- All applicants for a notarial service must bring a government-issued photo identification.
- The document(s) for notarization must be completed prior to the appointment with all appropriate names, places, and dates. Signatures will be completed in front of a consular officer.
- Each notarial signature/ stamp costs U.S. $50.00 or HK $400.00. Please note that the consulate cannot accept Hong Kong currency in denominations larger than 500 HKD bills or U.S. $100 banknotes series 1914 – 1990. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club are accepted. All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars.
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates in Hong Kong and Macau, and to visit our website for the latest news on American Citizen Services operations in Hong Kong and Macau.
For questions about notarial services, please contact the U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau via email (email@example.com) or telephone (2841-2211) from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2841 2211
+852 2523 9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter