Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
Kwun Tong Promenade
Sha Tin Shing Mun River
Sha Tin Town Hall & vicinity
Causeway Bay/Wan Chai area
Various locations throughout Hong Kong
The U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau advises U.S. citizens to avoid Victoria Park on June 4, 2021 and exercise increased caution throughout Hong Kong. Police are expected to increase their presence around Hong Kong from 3,000 to 7,000 officers and expand their areas of patrols with increased enforcement actions against anyone who is suspected of unlawful assembly.
This list is not necessarily exhaustive; protests at other times and locations may also occur. Any protests that take place without a permit are considered illegal.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media, local transportations sites and apps like MTR Mobile or CitybusNWFB, and the Hong Kong International Airport website for updates.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations or any large gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Avoid taking photographs of protesters or police without permission.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter