Beginning December 13, 2021 travelers entering Hong Kong from the United States will be required to undergo compulsory quarantine at the Penny’s Bay Quarantine Centre for seven days after arrival, followed by 14 days of quarantine at a Designated Quarantine Hotel. While at Penny’s Bay Quarantine Center, travelers will undergo daily COVID-19 testing. This new policy applies to anyone who was physically present in the United States during the 21 days prior to their arrival in Hong Kong. Additional details on the relevant boarding and compulsory quarantine requirements can be found on the Hong Kong Government website.
Actions to Take:
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Hong Kong and Macau.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
ACSHK@state.govState Department – Consular Affairs
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Country Information
- Macau Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter