Locations: Hong Kong
Events: Hong Kong authorities have announced that beginning midnight Saturday, January 8, 2022, anyone who has been present in the United States for more than two hours over the past 21 days will not be allowed to board a flight to Hong Kong. The ban on travelers from the United States will be in effect for 14 days initially, but may be renewed by the Hong Kong government.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airline for additional information on possible flight cancellations.
- Visit the Hong Kong Government website for the latest travel restrictions.
- Contact the American Citizen Services Unit at the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong if you are in Hong Kong and receive a mandatory a quarantine or hospitalization notice.
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Travel Information
- Macau Travel Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter