Event: As of June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer require air travelers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States.
CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Actions to Take:
- Review country-specific COVID-19 entry/exit requirements on the Consulate’s COVID-19 information page.
- In accordance with CDC guidance, delay your travel if you test positive for or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Travel Information
- Macau Travel Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter