Event: COVID-19 Prevention and Control Measures in the Macau Special Administrative Region
The U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau is closely following the ongoing COVID-19 situation in Macau with great concern. Macau authorities continue to expand COVID-19 prevention and control measures as detected cases of COVID-19 increase. These measures may include involuntary quarantines in your residence or a government-managed facility, mass testing, widespread closures of public facilities, transportation disruptions, lockdowns, and possible family separation. These measures are dynamic, implemented with little warning, and can change very quickly.
U.S. citizens who are sent to a government-managed facility or who are having difficulty departing Macau are encouraged to contact the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau via email at ACSHK@state.gov, or via phone at +852 2841 2211 or +852 2523 9011 (after hours).
Actions to Take:
- If your U.S. citizen child has an expired passport, or you have been unable to apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for your child, contact the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Ensure all necessary documents are accessible and up-to-date, including U.S. and Macau travel and identity documents. To renew your U.S. passport please visit our website for information and instructions on how to apply.
- Prepare to remain within your residence for an extended period.
- Ensure you have a sufficient supply of money, medication, food, and baby supplies for your family in the event of sudden restrictions or extended quarantine.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau if you receive government quarantine orders.
- Follow the instructions of your local health authorities and local neighborhood committees.
- If you wish to depart the Macau, book tickets early. Commercial flights remain available but are limited.
- Contact your loved ones and share regular updates. Family and friends will be concerned about your well-being, so reach out to them however possible – via phone, text, social media, etc. – to let them know you are safe. Text and data services may work when voice does not.
- Encourage your neighbors and friends to register in the free Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to get the most up-to-date security information from the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong and Macau.
- Visit the Department of State’s Macau Country Information webpage for the latest travel conditions.
- Visit The U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau’s COVID-19 Information Page for the latest Covid related information.
- U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau
+852 2523-9011 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Hong Kong Travel Information
- Macau Travel Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter