Georgia and Arkansas are holding General Election Runoffs on Tuesday, December 6, 2022. Louisiana is holding a General Election Runoff on Saturday, December 10, 2022.
If you are a Georgia, Arkansas, or Louisiana voter and have not done so already, please request your absentee ballot as soon as possible.
Effective immediately, you can submit your completed ballots to U.S. Consulate Hong Kong & Macau’s ballot drop box, located just inside front gate security, any Monday through Friday between 8:00AM and 4:30PM. No appointment or screening is required. At the consulate front gate, inform the consulate security guards that you would like to mail your ballot, and they will direct you to the locked, secure ballot box to deposit your ballot.
- Please ensure that your ballot is in a postage-paid return envelope or in an envelope with a postage stamp. Failing to do so will result in delay and/or inability for your ballot to be mailed to the U.S. in time to be counted.
- You can download a free postage paid envelope (PDF 134 KB) from the FVAP.gov website.
- If you submitted your absentee ballot request and are still waiting to receive your absentee ballot, please contact your local election officials as soon as possible.
- If there is not enough time to receive and send back your ballot before the election, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). It is a backup ballot you can use if you do not receive your ballot in time. If your official absentee ballot arrives after sending in the FWAB, you can fill out and send in the official ballot too. Only one will be counted.
- Check out the FVAP links page for helpful resources that will aid your research of runoff candidates and issues.
- After you send in your ballot, you can check to make sure it was received by your election office on your state’s page on FVAP.gov.
U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong & Macau’s American Citizens Unit is available to provide further voting assistance via phone at +852 2841-2211 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.