Immigration Issues/Filing I-130 Petitions

USCIS procedures for filing I-130 petitions for alien relatives

Effective Aug. 15, 2011, petitioners residing in countries without United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices must file the Petition for an Alien Relative (Form I-130), with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility.

This change will affect American citizens residing in Hong Kong who want to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States. Hong Kong does not have USCIS offices, so petitioners may file based on the addresses provided in the revised form instructions, also available at USCIS News.

For U.S. Postal Service:
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517


Last modified: August 3, 2011