Information on HK Crime Victim Compensation Program

Hong Kong has a crime victim compensation program available to U.S. citizens who are legal residents or tourists in Hong Kong.

For more detailed information on the program and its requirements, please contact directly the following Hong Kong authorities.

Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries Compensation Section of the Social Welfare Department

Room 703, 7/F, Wu Chung House
213 Queen’s Road East
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Phone: (852) 2892-5223, 2892-5220, 2892-5222, 2892-6079
Fax: (852) 2575-7938
Reference: Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries Compensation (CLEIC) Scheme
Reference: Social Security – Social Welfare Department

Application forms, correspondence, and telephone assistance can all be done in either English or Chinese.

For further information on crime victim information, including compensation programs in the United States, please see the Department of State’s Web site at: Help for U.S. Citizen Victims of Crime Overseas


Last modified: April 5, 2016