Let’s Get Married!
- Let’s Get Married in Hong Kong
- Let’s Get Married in China
- Let’s Get Married in the U.S.
- Let’s Get Married in Macau
- Expeditious Naturalization for the Spouse of an American Citizen
Other Marriage Information
Remember that no registration of your legal marriage abroad is required by the U.S. Government. Your marriage abroad is considered legal in the U.S. as long as it would have been considered a valid marriage in the country where the marriage was performed. We would recommend that you have your Hong Kong marriage certificate apostilled so that, if you ever need a document to prove that you are married, the certificate is valid for use outside Hong Kong. For further information, please visit the website of the Hong Kong High Court.
The American Consulate in Hong Kong cannot issue “certificates of marriageability” for use in Mainland China.
Last modified: May 4, 2022