Let’s Get Married!

Other Marriage Information

Remember that no registration of your legal marriage abroad is required by the U.S. Government. Your marriage abroad is considered legal in the U.S. as long as it would have been considered a valid marriage in the country where the marriage was performed.

The American Consulate in Hong Kong cannot issue “certificates of marriageability” for use in Mainland China.


Last modified: October 4, 2021