Passport rules have changed significantly in the past few years, and your application method, and the requirements for a new passport, will vary considerably depending on your age and circumstances. Please choose a category below to begin.
The U.S. Consulate in Hong Kong processes U.S. passport applications by appointment and, in some circumstances, by mail, during the normal business hours of the American Citizen Services Unit. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am to Noon and 1:30pm to 4:00pm. Also, the entire Consulate, including this office, will be closed on U.S. and Hong Kong public holidays. Notices about closures will be posted on Hours and Holidays. If you have any questions, please call 2841-2211.
For more information, please see the relevant links below:
- Passports for Adults (16 years and older)
- Passports for First Time Adult Applicants (16 years and older)
- Passports for Children Under Age 16
- Second Passport
- Lost/Stolen Passports
- Adding Pages
- Correction of Information on Passport (Name Change, etc.)
- Less than Six Months of Validity Remaining on a Passport
- U.S. Passport Card / APEC Business Travel Card
Last modified: May 24, 2019