The U.S. Department of State announced a worldwide increase in the fees for the following services effective September 26, 2015: passport books, passport cards, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, renunciations, and notarizations.
In person payment options are as follows:
- U.S. or local currency;
- Please note that the Consulate cannot accept Hong Kong currency in denominations larger than 500 HKD bills (i.e., we do not accept 1000 HKD bills or greater).
- Please also note that we regret that US $100 banknote series 1990 and also series 1914-1990 are no longer accepted.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club. All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars as if the transaction occurred in the United States.
Mail payment options are as follows:
- Check (certified or cashier’s) made payable to “USDO Symbol 8768”. Personal checks are not acceptable;
- Bank draft made payable to “USDO Symbol 8768”;
- Money order (U.S. Postal, commercial; international, currency exchange) made payable to “USDO Symbol 8768”;
- Checks, bank drafts and money orders must be drawn in U.S. dollars on a bank in the United States and must have been issued within the last five months. You are able to purchase this kind of draft, check, or money order at most large local banks. Please take these instructions and the following sample check to the bank for reference. (PDF 201 KB)
Beginning on September 26, 2015, the fees are follows:
|Passport||Passport Execution: Required for first-time applicants, minors, and others who must apply in person||$35||$280|
|Adult Passport Book Application Services for Applicants age 16 or over (including renewals)||$50||$400|
|Minor Passport Book Application Services for Applicants under age 16 (including renewals)||$20||$160|
|Passport Book Security Surcharge (required for all passport applications)||$60||$480|
|CRBA||Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States||$100||$800|
|Renunciation||Administrative Processing of Request for Certificate of Loss of Nationality||$2,350||$18,800|
|Passport Card||Adult Passport Card Application Services for Applicants age 16 or over (including renewals)||$30||$240|
|Minor Passport Card Application Services for Applicants under age 16||$15||$120|
|Notarial||Providing notarial service: First service||$50||$400|
|Providing notarial service: Each additional seal||$50||$400|
- Schedule of Fees for Consular Services, Department of State and Overseas Embassies and Consulates-Passport Services Fee Changes
- Media Note: Publication of Final Rule Changing the Passport Execution Fee (January 31, 2018)
Last modified: July 29, 2021