Lost/Stolen Passports

If your passport has been misplaced, or has been stolen, go to the nearest Hong Kong Police station to report the incident. Then take the following steps to obtain a new passport.

  1. Completinge Form DS-11.
  2. Complete Form DS-64: Statement Regarding a Lost/Stolen Passport
  3. Bring your completed form to your appointment. Please ignore the part of the form that instructs you to mail the form to the U.S. If you mail the form to the U.S., your application will be considerably delayed.
  4. If the lost or stolen passport was for a child, please see Minor Passports.
  5. Proof of U.S. Citizenship, either:
    • A U.S. Birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad; or
    • U.S. Naturalization Certificate, or
    • Certificate of Citizenship (issued by USCIS)
  6. Proof of Identity (a government-issued document that contains your picture), for example:
    • Hong Kong ID
    • State Drivers’ License
  7. One Photo: The photo must be 2″ X 2″ (5 cm X 5 cm) with a white background. Eye glasses are no longer be allowed in U.S. passport photos. For details about the photo requirements, please see Passport Photos.
  8. Passport Fee

    Fees: The fee for a first time adult passport application is U.S. $145 or HK $1,160.

    Payment options are as follows:

    • U.S. or local currency;
      • Please note that the Consulate cannot accept Hong Kong currency in denominations larger than 500 HKD bills (i.e., we do not accept 1000 HKD bills or greater).
      • Please also note that we regret that US $100 banknote series 1990 and also series 1914-1990 are no longer accepted.
    • Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club. All credit card transactions are in U.S. dollars, as if the transaction occurred in the United States.


Last modified: September 4, 2018