U.S. Passport Card / APEC Business Travel Card

U.S. Passport Card

The new wallet-size U.S. Passport Card is a travel document that can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry. Note that it cannot be used for international air travel. The passport card is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. To apply for the passport card in Hong Kong, please use the same application forms for an adult passport book or a child’s passport book. There is a check box at the top of the form where you may indicate that you wish to receive a U.S. Passport Card. The Department of State also has provided answers to frequently asked questions about the U.S. Passport Card.

APEC Business Traveler Card (ABTC)

The Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum has established an APEC Business Traveler Card to help expedite business travel among APEC member countries. The United States is a “transitional member” of this program. The ABTC is not yet being issued to U.S. citizens. Please look online for answers to U.S. Participation in the APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Scheme – Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 21 KB) about the ABTC. To track the progress of U.S. participation, please see the APEC website or contact the APEC Office, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, International Affairs & Trade Relations division by fax at 202-344-3549 or e-mail USA-ABTC@cbp.dhs.gov.


Last modified: June 9, 2011