Voting Overseas

Take the necessary steps now to vote in the 2020 U.S. elections!

In order to vote in the primaries and the November 3, 2020 general election, all overseas U.S. citizens need to have completed a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) in 2020. Whether you are a first-time voter or have already received ballots and voted absentee in past elections, you must complete an FPCA each year to participate in elections as an overseas absentee voter. Check your state’s voter registration information for further details, including deadlines, as each state’s rules and procedures are different.

You can always get voting assistance or drop off your completed voting forms and ballots at the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except public holidays. Place your ballots in postage paid return envelopes or in envelopes bearing sufficient domestic U.S. postage, and address them to the relevant local election officials. The ballot must be signed and sealed. Please bring your U.S. passport for entry. Address: 26 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong

Learn more at the Federal Voting Assistance Program’s (FVAP) website, If you have any questions about registering to vote overseas, please contact Hong Kong’s Voting Assistance Officer via email ( or via telephone (2841-2211) from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except public holidays.

Remember, your vote counts!