After the Interview

If your visa has been approved, you will be informed how and when your passport and visa will be returned to you. Carefully review the information on the Fiancé(e) Visa Process on to learn what to do when you receive your visa, entering the United States, and other important information.

It usually takes several business days to process and print the visa, so applicants should not purchase tickets to the United States until they have received their passport with the U.S. visa affixed inside.

SF Express provides passport and visa packet delivery services for the Consulate. Applicants must register for this service at Apply for a U.S. Visa to select a delivery address before the visa interview. Passports and visa packets can only be delivered to residences in Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, New Territories, Lantau, Chek Lap Kok, and Ma Wan.

For other locations (namely Macau, outlying islands and Military or Justice Department locations), applicants must collect their visa packets from the SF Express office in Macau, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kwun Tong or Wanchai.

Note: Due to Compulsory Quarantine Measure, the Macau pickup centre option is not available for selection until further notice. Applicants may still choose the other 3 available pickup locations in Tsim Sha Shui, Wan Chai or Kwun Tong.

Please call the Consulate General Call Center (+852 5808 4666) if you are unsure if delivery is available to your home.

Return delivery of visas is included in the application fee; no additional payment is required for this service. Applicants will need to complete a delivery slip for each packet at the Consulate.

If the interviewing consular officer cannot issue a visa on the day of the interview because information or documentation is lacking, the officer will suspend the processing of the application under INA Section 221(g). The applicants will be informed at that time what information is required to finalize the visa application and to complete the adjudication. Most often, the applicant is missing important documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, affidavits of support, or medical examination reports.

Applicants can submit additional information via courier (SF Express) at one of the following locations and times:

District Hours of Operation Address
SF Tsim Sha Tsui Mon-Fri: 09:00-20:00
Sat: 09:00-16:00
Unit 8, 2/F., Wing On Plaza
62 Mody Road
Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
SF Kwun Tong Mon-Fri: 09:00-20:00
Sat: 09:00-16:00
Unit 1, G/F., Hung To Industrial Building
80 Hung To Road
Kwun Tong, Kowloon
SF Wanchai Mon-Fri: 09:00-20:00
Sat: 09:00-16:00
Shop No.1 on G/F., Lee Loy Building
208, 208A-208C, 210, 212 & 214 Jaffe Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
SF Macau Mon-Fri: 09:00-20:00
Sat: 09:00-16:00
G/F., 3B Veng Fung Industrial Building
Rua Cinco Bairro Da Areia Preta

Applicants will need to bring the following to the SF Express office:

  • The letter provided to you indicating the required documents (the blue sheet),
  • Your passport,
  • A submission form (PDF 230 KB) with all documents indicated, and
  • The additional documents you are submitting.

Once at the SF Express office, the applicant should follow these steps:

  • Obtain envelope and airway bill from the SF Express staff.
  • Complete the necessary airway bill.
  • Be sure to place all necessary documents in the provided envelope. Don’t forget to include the blue sheet!
  • Seal the envelope and give it (with the airway bill) to the SF staff.
  • SF staff will give you a copy of the airway bill as a receipt. Please keep this receipt.

The documents will be delivered by SF Express to the Consulate within two business days in Hong Kong and four business days from Macau. If there are questions about the information provided, Consulate staff will contact the applicant directly. Otherwise, the passport will be sent back through SF Express along with the immigrant visa packet and important information.

Once you have received your fiancé/fiancée visa, please note the visa’s expiration date. You must enter the United States before the visa’s expiration date.

Fiancée visa applicants should contact USCIS if they want to leave the U.S. before they obtain lawful permanent resident status.

Please see Fiancée Visa Frequently Asked Questions.