- Immigrant Visas: Notification of Applicant Readiness
- Immigrant Visas: Document Checklist
- Immigrant Visas: Civil Documents and Police Certificates from the People’s Republic of China
- Immigrant Visas: Unobtainable Birth Certificates
- Immigrant Visas: Local Agency that Offer Assistance in Completing Visa Forms
- Immigrant Visas: Police Clearances from Hong Kong and Macau
- Immigrant Visas: Civil Documents and Police Certificates from Philippines
- Immigrant Visas: Medical Examinations
- Immigrant Visas: Fees
- Immigrant Visas: Photograph Requirements
Immigrant Visas: Related Information on Applying for an Immigrant Visa
Civil Documents and Police Certificates from the People’s Republic of China
Birth/marriage/death/divorce certificates: Individuals living outside China may obtain civil documents for birth, marriage, death and divorce from the Notary Public Office with jurisdiction over their county of previous residence. Relatives or friends may request issuance of certificates on behalf of an applicant who is living abroad. Relatives and friends should have specific written authorization from the interested party requesting the documents. Alternatively, persons in need of civil documents may contact the PRC Embassy or Consulate nearest to their residence abroad and ask that their request be forwarded to the appropriate Notary Public Office. Obtaining civil documents through a PRC Embassy or Consulate can require considerable time.
Police certificates: Individuals should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB). Once the certificate has been obtained, individuals should then make an application to the Notary Public Office for a certificate based on the PSB document.