- Immigrant Visas: Notification of Applicant Readiness
- Immigrant Visas: Document Checklist
- Immigrant Visas: Civil Documents and Police Certificates from the People’s Republic of China
- Immigrant Visas: Unobtainable Birth Certificates
- Immigrant Visas: Local Agency that Offer Assistance in Completing Visa Forms
- Immigrant Visas: Police Clearances from Hong Kong and Macau
- Immigrant Visas: Civil Documents and Police Certificates from Philippines
- Immigrant Visas: Medical Examinations
- Immigrant Visas: Fees
- Immigrant Visas: Photograph Requirements
Immigrant Visas: Related Information on Applying for an Immigrant Visa
Instructions of photograph requirement
Each applicant is required to submit two color photos taken within the last 6 months of the application date according to the following instructions:
- Size: Measure 50 x 50mm (2 x 2 inches square) without borders. The applicant’s head (measured from top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) must measure 25 mm to 35 mm (1 inch to 1 3/8 inch); the applicant’s eye level must be 28 mm to 35 mm (1 1/8 inch to 1 3/8 inch) from the bottom of the photo. Photographs of the incorrect size will not be accepted.
- Background: The photo must be on a plain white background.
- Type of photo: Show the applicant facing straight ahead, with head centered in the frame and ears exposed.**For children’s photos, make sure only the child and not other people’s hands or other supports appear in the photograph.