If your visa is lost or stolen, it is very important that you immediately report this loss to local police and obtain a police report in order to help protect yourself from identity theft. We ask that you then send either an email to FPUHK@state.gov or a fax addressed to the Consulate’s Fraud Prevention Unit at (852) 2801-4151. Please include the following information in your fax:
- Your name, date and place of birth, and nationality.
- Your address and phone number.
- A photocopy of the lost visa, if available, or the date and place of issuance, if known.
- A photocopy of the bio-data page of your lost passport, if available. If not, the nationality and number of your lost passport as well as the issuance and expiration dates, if available.
- Written statement describing the circumstances of the loss, noting when and how your passport was lost or stolen.
- A copy of the police report, if available.
There is no provision in U.S. visa regulations to reinstate a visa after it is reported lost or stolen. If you wish to travel to the United States after losing a visa, you must apply for a new visa. Please bring a copy of the police report for your lost or stolen visa/passport to your interview for a new visa.